Single Guy Blogging
A woman's guide to what men *REALLY* think about

Wednesday, February 21, 2007
  Secure women in relationships
One of the things I noticed on my trip was the different ways women act when they are in a relationship. The way I see it, there are 2 types, both of which I ran into:

1. I am at the bar overlooking the ocean (mmm... mentally back there for a moment...), and a woman sits next to me. So the friendly SGB I am, I strike up a conversation about how the weather and how the adult industry has proved seemingly impervious to the fluxuation of the internet economy (it was actually about the lack of service from the bartenders, who were working on different time schedules than most of us are used to), and she played along beautifully! She said that was the reason she moved to that side of the bar, in hopes of actually getting a drink, and we chatted for a few minutes. Then this guy shows up and she introduces him as her fiancee (no ring, though, weird), who jumps in the conversation.
Lesson: You can be smart, beautiful, flirty, and confident in a relationship -- all at the same time!

2. I am in the pool doing laps (i.e. floating near the shallow end), and decide to go jump in the jacuzzi, where a woman is there with her boyfriend. As I jump in, he was jumping out (must have been intimidated), but she stayed in. There were a few others on the other side of the jacuzzi also. I do my best William Shatner impersonation and chat up this stranger, and it goes like this:
me: What a day, huh?
her: nothing
me: Can't beat weather like this. And NO kids in the pool. It sure is relaxing
her: Yes, it's beautiful
me: Oh, you have an accent, are you from Australia?
her: Umm, yeah
me: I've got lots of family there. Is that where you and your boyfriend are from
her: Yes.
me: Ok, well have a nice day! (I duck under the warm water)
Lesson: When this happens to guys, they immediately think that there's a problem with the relationship, and there are so many insecurities that they will eventually lead to infidelity and a bitter end to a relationship.

So be confident ladies, both when you are single and when you begin to date. Trust the person you are with, and make sure there is confidence and trust coming back at you. Otherwise, you are just wasting time and delaying the inevitable.
 
Comments:
Oh so wise masta... :o) Seriously, I totally concur. If you're insecure or unhappy in a relationship it totally shows through in all other social interactions.
 
Are you sure you didn't just have something nasty in your teeth?

I have to agree, though... if a relationship turns you into a boring, unfriendly person that won't talk to anybody but your significant other... it's a complete waste. I know, I've been there.

On the other hand, did you consider that maybe she's just a big b*tch?
 
BTCOL: Wise masta?? :D

MJ: Never thought of the possibility that I had something in my teeth! Dammit... And yes, whether she wanted to be or not, she was a big bitch!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

30-something year old guy hanging out on the left coast.

Archives
February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]