Single Guy Blogging
A woman's guide to what men *REALLY* think about

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
  Travel notes
Oh the things you notice while traveling!

1. People who fart on airplanes should be shot (actually, they should have something in the air that lets you trace back to the offending party, so they could be beaten by a line of people like they did on the Airplane movie)

2. When did they start charging for every little thing on a plane? Yet they now also serve mojitos and margaritas? (yes, I got both)

3. Airports are:
a) A place to wait for a flight
b) A place to fall asleep in the middle of the corridor
c) An excuse to take your pets for a walk
d) A place to get sushi, burritos, fresh bread, and $3.75 bottle of water
e) All the above

4. Speedos (aka "banana boats") should be illegal on US soil

5. No tops on women's bikinis should be not only encouraged, but mandatory (given proper height/weight ratios)

6. What's with this fascination for sand castles? I think I tripped over 20 of them this weekend!

7. Speaking of kids -- there should be a separate place for them on a beach. With a big sound-proof wall between them and the rest of humans. And there can be all the sandcastles in the world there. And parents can feel free to change their diapers there.

8. When did the beaches in the US turn into the beaches of Mexico? No, I don't want to take surfing lessons, or go kayaking, or snorkeling. I was waiting for some offers of wooden fish toys and chicklets!

9. Really? $30 to rent an umbrella for the beach for a few hours? Reaaallly???

10. Flying anywhere for a vacation is at least 100 times more fun than flying back. It's depressing, and I can't believe I have to work today. :(
 
Comments:
1. Hey man, sometimes you just can't hold it for hours at a time. A kind person will at least try to make it to the restroom.
2. Within the last three years. I remember when I flew to spain, everything was free! When did soy-nuts replace pretzels??
3. People in the future are gonna look back and wonder how we dealt with the tragedies of travel by flight.
4. I think the correct term is 'banana hammock.'
5. good add with the height/weight ratio... I have seen some women that should def keep it on.
6 & 7. AMEN! separate sections for children! They're obnoxious and smelly.
8 & 9. I haven't been on a real vacation in so long that I am clueless about such things.
10. I'm at work. this is me. being productive.
 
"Speaking of kids -- there should be a separate place for them on a beach"

Seriously.

Nice post!
 
I guess I haven't been to a local beach in a while to have the Ensenada, Mexico experience. Hmmm, which beach? I've been craving chiclets...
 
Even worse, is when anything that can go wrong did go wrong, like my "vacation" to Ohio a couple of weeks ago. At least then, flying back is actually a relief.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

30-something year old guy hanging out on the left coast.

Archives
February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]