Single Guy Blogging
A woman's guide to what men *REALLY* think about

Wednesday, April 11, 2007
  Just not feeling it
After making a concoction with my leftovers for dinner last night, I decided to go on a nice long walk, and ended up at one of my favorite mexican restaurants. I like to go there sometimes and sip on some delicious margaritas, chat with the bartenders, watch a game, and just overall be by myself.

I ended up sitting at the bar next to these 3 girls and a guy (who was married to one of the girls), and they seemed to be having a (drunken) jolly time. One of the girls was obviously in flirty mode, and kept trying to get me to have some of their food. After having my dinner, I just wasn't into it - but after repeated nudged of pieces of food in my direction, I tried it, thanked them, and proceeded to watch the game. Now, I'm a big observer of body language and tone, and this poor girl was trying really hard to flirt - I'm talking the hair toss, the showing of the neck, the pulling shoulders back, the glances at me/the game/me -- pretty much everything in the book. After a few margaritas, I thanked them for sharing their food, and told them I was leaving. I got the "So, do you live nearby?" - yes, walking home. "So we'll see you here same time next week?" maybe, depends on who is playing. Pretty much not feeling it.

Looking back now, I really wish I was feeling it, as she was definitely cute, and it could have been fun to hang out and chat for a bit. FYI, that probably would have never happened if I was out looking to meet someone! ;)

-SGB
 
Comments:
isn't that just the way the world turns?! ha...
The nights I go out in the mood to chat with someone interesting... all the guys in the bars have been recently beaten with the ugly stick. Even so... the ones I do talk to are generally fratalisciously dumb.

When I'm feeling crappy and am totally not in the mood to talk to anyone... bam... here comes mr. cutie cute.

I don't get it...
 
Oh... the happy medium is when you go out with no expectations for anything... and you end up meeting someone that will change your life.
 
i would take your not feeling it as a sign. maybe she would have ended up being some freak or something, who knows!

or maybe next week you'll feel different if you choose to go back?
 
If you weren't feeling it, you weren't. The great thing is, she gave you the option for a do-over. If you think you'll be "feeling it" next week, hit up that joint again!

I think her being kinda obviously aggressive was perhaps a subconscious turn off. I have this belief that boys like to be hinted at to pursue the girl, not to be outright pursued by the girl. But what do I know, I'm retarded... ;o)
 
Its so true that you always find it when your not looking!
 
Aaahhh shucks! You should have gotten her number then called her when you were in a more agreeable mood.
 
Maybe that's the kind of girl you don't want to be with. Who will so openly flirt and flip hair and share food with a complete stranger at a bar. Think of it that way. Or maybe I am wrong.
 
I'm just not feeling reading this same blog entry for over a week....
 
oh, i hate it when i get hit with the "mmm, not today" kind of mood! that's when guys magically hit on me!

the irony makes me want to stab my eyeballs out with blunt objects.

(brookem does bring up a good point, though. perhaps your gut/subconscious was telling you something!)

i think more research needs to be done. i say, go back next week. if you still aren't feeling it, then at least you know.

oh, i also agree with behind the curve. guys don't usually like aggressive girls. they might think they do, but when it actually happens, they don't like it.

LOL at MJ's last comment. tee hee
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

30-something year old guy hanging out on the left coast.

Archives
February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]