Single Guy Blogging
A woman's guide to what men *REALLY* think about

Thursday, April 26, 2007
  Swingers! The (not) movie...
Personally, I always thought that the concept of open relationships were things that one only sees in movies, or it's done by fairly desperate and unattractive people. I actually had quite an eye-opening experience last night. I was at a friend's house, who was having a birthday party for his wife, and after a few cocktails (and I think he had been smoking something also), he tells me that there was this amazingly attractive couple coming to the party that were real "swingers". Given my skepticism on the whole topic, I had a definite vision in my head, and boy was I wrong!

The couple that walked in could have been models. Both were absolutely beautiful, confident, incredibly nice, intelligent, and obviously friendly. Given my constant inquisitive nature, I tried desperately to get them to talk about their life, but couldn't get anything substantial out of them. They were very well dressed and kept mentioning that they were actually going to a "party" after their visit, and you have to figure they didn't get there until about 11. I ended up leaving around midnight and they were still there.

I talk to my friend this morning, and he gives me all sorts of juicy details about their life. It went something along these lines: She loves him. He loves her. They both love sex. She has sex with him, but also likes to have sex with girls. He likes to have sex with her, but also likes it when she has sex with him (if you catch my point). They like to go out and meet single girls or couples, and all have sex together. The rules: she can't have penetration sex with another man, and he can't have penetration sex with another woman. All else is fair game!

I would venture to guess that there are not many people out there who could handle such a relationship, but it sure seemed to work for them! :)

-SGB
 
Comments:
I guess that there are more than you would think, but that most of them don't talk a lot about it, because, let's be honest, most people would condemn that kind of lifestyle.
 
I have encountered people that liked that swingers life style. It is absolutely not for me! I could NEVER image watching my man be intimate on any level with another woman.. It's just not going to happen.
 
A couple can enjoy an open relationship without swinging. It is about trust and complete honesty. Although I am loyal to a man when I am with him, if he is honest with me about his feelings and behavior, I am more open than most.
 
well.

whatever works.

personally, it creeps me out. to have something like that and to make up rules and stuff as if it makes it okay. I'll bet deep down it isnt okay with one or the other or both... I REALLY hope they don't have children together.
 
~sotj: Of course it is okay... It's just that it wouldn't be okay for you. Be tolerant.

~Len
 
WOW.

i don't have anything else to add, aside from what the diva said. my sentiments exactly! eventually, i'd be jealous and it would get ugly.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

30-something year old guy hanging out on the left coast.

Archives
February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]