Single Guy Blogging
A woman's guide to what men *REALLY* think about

Tuesday, March 13, 2007
  Levels of drunk
I had a big night out this weekend with a good buddy, and we hit up this bar that gets the drinking started early (2 for 1 until 10). This actually leads to some interesting drunken-ness, and something we call "sloppy night". Not for us as I think we manage pretty well, but for the people around us.

So I saw this woman go through these phases of drunk:
1. Enjoying a cocktail with her friends, smiling, laughing
2. Doing shots at the bar with a group of people (who didn't seem to know her)
3. Her: "Hi I'm ___. What do you do?" Me: "I'm SGB. I'm an aspiring chef!". Her: "Yeah, I'm from LA. I'm a model."
4. Shots with her friends (who were a couple, btw). Balance begins to fade.
5. A drink with me! Her: "I'll just have a shot of whatever."
6. Dancing by herself at the bar. Neck muscles begin to lose function.
7. Her: "Hi, I'm ___. What do you do?" Me: "I'm SGB. I'm a tv producer." Her: "No way! I'm a model!". Me: "That's crazy, I was just thinking that I need to find someone for a pilot I'm shooting!"
8. She is off with her friends again, doing more drinking and holding up a wall.
9. Friends leave, she comes to hang out again.
10. Her (stumbling now): "So I know I need to lose a little weight, but I got nice boobs, right?" Me: "You have nice boobs, but you need to stop drinking first." Her: "ummmm..." (she didn't get it)
11. Me: "I'll be right back" Her: "Ok, no worries, I'll be here waiting for my friends" (who had left)
12. As I come back, I look over to see her basically slide off a wall onto the ground.
13. The bartender: "Is she with you?" Me: "umm.. hell no. She is here with her friends who may have left." Security: "Let's get her out of here"
14. Outside, no sign of friends, she doesn't know where they live, and they aren't responding to repeated phone calls.
15. As she is now holding up the outside wall, a cab shows up to take her.. umm.. who knows where!

Lessons:
1. When in a new town, write down where you are staying
2. There is nothing interesting about stupid drunk people
3. You never know who you will meet. Keep your wits about you. I COULD have been a producer!
4. Have good friends.

-SGB
 
Comments:
I don't get people that drink until they black out. Next day: "So I had fun last night? Awesome! Did you take pictures? No? Oh well, but I had a good time, right?! Cool!" Idiots.
 
Everything about this is so true. I must admit I've been that gal a few times but I can never seem to erase that out of my memory - so, thank god, I now try and aviod drinking THAT much. And I know when I'm getting to that stage my gal pals will take me home.
 
The only time in the past couple years I have gotten that drunk was on my b-day.... thankfully, both times, I was surrounded by great friends that I trust completely.

bcol~
I was that girl in my last year of college.... lol... but had a great time from what I can remember. Generally, you should live it out in college because it's not so accepted in the real world.
 
I can't stop laughing!! This is my greatest fear, if I were to ever exceed my two drink limit rule in a public place...thankfully I stick to it and just get wrecked at home where no one can later tell me stories about myself that I don't remember.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

30-something year old guy hanging out on the left coast.

Archives
February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]